Sunday, June 15, 2008

I saw the Mona Lisa





I made it to France at 2 am Wilmington time. I have severe jet lag and massive dehydration. I went to the Louvre today and saw the Mona Lisa and several other famous pieces of art and I saw the Notre Dame. I think I walked a hundred miles mostly because I still can't get the whole metro thing down. (Speaking of metros, I saw two people nearly get decapitated today by the doors. I think it's how the French folks roll: they will get on the metro whether or not the doors close and whatever may get caught in the way). Paris has amazing architecture, but it's pretty dirty and it has places where it smells like a person or two may not have had the euro necessary to go to the bathroom. I'm watching a cricket game on t.v. right now and eating a baguette. Oui, c'est tres chic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelli! So happy to see you made it safely! Have a blast! Baguettes rock!