Thursday, April 9, 2009

Everything seems better when you're eating a baguette and cheese





Wow, my blogging pattern has slacked to every other day--quelle dommage!! Yesterday, we went to a authentic French pottery village where we were able to see how they made various pieces of pottery using clay dug near the Rhine river. Then we went to a German town, had a picnic lunch and lounge in a park, and we finished at the Roman baths. While in the German town, Baden-Baden (incidentally, Obama spent some time here on his visit), I was walking with some students. We all turned back to look at a store. This fatal mistake of not looking where I was going lead promptly to me falling off a curb, twisting my ankle and skinning my knee. I guess we can all acknowledge this has been a trip full of injuries for me. But I really didn't care about my knee as I ate my baguette and cheese for lunch. We walked to the baths, where all of our students were able to enjoy the soothing mineral-filled waters in a variety of temperatures, as well as a steam room with menthol vapors to clear the sinuses and the pores. It was the perfect way to end our official activities in France. When we got back, we all went to a school dance with the French students replete with strobe lights, smoke machines and rocking techno beats. This dance lasted until 10, and by the time everything was cleaned up and all students safely picked up, it was 11 pm before I got home--thus the delinquent blog entry. My apologies. Well, I'm off for a bike ride on this resplendent day. A bientot.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

ah, kels. You make me laugh. Poles, steps, curbs beware! Bring me home an eclair??