Monday, July 13, 2009

I've changed venues





So I've changed venues. I'm in Costa Rica with some students and parents. We landed here around 2 pm East Coast time and 12 pm Costa Rican time. Needless to say, the normal travel exhaustion has set in, I'm ready to sleep on my somewhat questionable sheets. I gambled for my first time ever in Costa Rica and won 1500 colones (which amounts to about $1.50). It's pretty awesome. We ate at a local restaurant and I drank this papaya and milk drink concoction that was pretty scrumptious. As we walked to the restaurant, I noticed several interesting things: a chevorlet dealership (are they not bankrupt here?), and gutters that are about 2 feet deep to help with the monsoon, wet season. We leave tomorrow morning to see an active volcano, biodiversity theme park and some other magical things. We're off to our Costa Rican dinner and then to bed.

No comments: