Saturday, July 18, 2009

i swam in the pacific ocean.





Sorry that I didn't blog yesterday--I couldn't get the internet to work. Also, I had sweaty palms from the days activities that kept my fingers from remaining on the keyboard long enough to type. Yesterday we did the canopy tour through the trees and over valleys and through dangerous winds. There were 12 zip lines, one free fall and a tarzan swing. Being that I am not a fan of heights, I was proud of myself for participating in all of the zips and free fall. A couple of times I inadvertently stopped in the middle of the cord and had to pull myself across the rest of the way. One time I had to get rescued. I couldn't muster the gumption to do the tarzan swing. I swear, for a few of the zip lines, we were hundreds of feet in the air and some of the zip lines seemed to last for 300 feet. Then afterward, we did horseback riding through the mountains of Costa Rica. That was pretty amazing. It was an exhausting day. Today we transferred to Jaco Beach and swam in the Pacific Ocean. The sand is black and the beach is rocky. The water feels amazing. Before we got to the beach, we stopped at a bridge over crocodile river and saw about 20 crocs basking away in the humid tropical air. Unfortunately my camera fogged up, so my pictures stink. What can you do.

No comments: